Monday, September 27, 2010

once in a while

you need a break, right? but, here is a new post! i'm not going to play catch up, as a lot has been missed, but maybe you can figure out some missing pieces along the way!

This last weekend I had the opportunity of going to Boston for a conference I applied to go to on my own free will. It went along with my profession of child life. The conference was amazing and well worth the whirlwind trip. I left slc Friday at 730pm and made it to Boston at 5am. I got ready for the day at the awesome airport facilities, then stepped foot outside to capture Boston in it's wee hours as I had until 9am when the conference began. I think I was the bums alarm clock! I took many pics along the way, but those are on my camera... you'll have to enjoy my few phone pics.




I love Boston's richness in history. I walked by the graveyard where many politicians are laid to rest. It was crazy to see people such as Paul Revere and John Hancock to name a few whose names were engraved upon the headstones. I saw the house of where the Boston Tea Party was held. There were so many buildings with rich meaning and I enjoyed reading the explanations and all that had gone on as I walked along the freedom trail that day. You can't leave the Boston Red Sox out of history! :) After my galavanting along the freedom trail, I made headway to Fenway Park to see the holy giant. Following that my free time was spent and off I went to the amazing conference of life is good playmakers. It focused on how to implement playfulness and joy in the lives of children who have experienced trauma and/or illness of any sort. If only everyone could attend a conference like that... the world would be a better place. Here's to me attempting to make a dent in it!

I was back on the plane Sunday at 5pm and in slc at 930pm. Loved it and can not wait for AZ next weekend... high school reunion here I come!

2 comments:

Jacob said...

i didnt even know you were going there! looks like a blast! im so glad you got to go i love boston, and also love its history! its one of my favorite places. have so much fun next weekend...esp for your bday! and we need to celebrate you! love you!
britt

Mack & Karen Tarwater said...

What a fun surprise to see a new blog entry from you. Glad you had a wonderful time in Boston. Looking forward to being with you on your birthday weekend.