Monday, May 19, 2008

Now to Charleston!

Carolina! Barefoot on them beaches!!!...


Just a sign you don't see every day.This is called, "bummer beach"- it was so windy the sand was pelting us and kind of hard to not only keep our stuff from blowing away, but ourselves as well!Mel and I showin off the cute Charleston roadsKnown as the "Rainbow House" StreetCheck out the cobblestone roads!Kickin up their heels in some southern rockers.
I feel I have not emphasized the delicious goods I ate. Above, the group with some scrumptious desserts.A delicious crabcake burger
Um... this looks sick, but was great! Good ole southern jumbolya. It was also my first experience eating okra (sp?). Loved it all.This is alligator plantation... ok. really magnolia plantation but the most exciting/scary/coolest/thrilling/heart accelerating/fearful time of the trip. The plantation had lots of swamps... and in those swamps alligators!

There were no fences and the paths to get to places went right by quite a few where I was literally ready to run for my life!

A pretty bridge at the plantation. The plantation was quite different than I expected. Not really any fields. Just lots and lots of trees, swamps, ... and alligators!

4 comments:

Woods: said...

FUN! Okay you are just a little stick! What a flippin' fun trip with your sisters! Oh I bet you guys had so much fun! What a blast! You are so darling!

Unknown said...

Good times. Glad the alligators didn't get us :)

Marni said...

i am so glad that you got to have a sister trip. sounds like it was a blast and I too am grateful you didn't get munched by the alligators. love ya lady and miss you like mad!! i'll call you soon cuz you need to fill me in on everything!

Green River High School said...

What?!! When did you go to the dirty south?! I freaking LOVE Charleston- and Magnolia Plantation. I felt the same way... I just knew one of them gators was gonna bite my leg off when I was walking by!!! ahhaa. Good to see you Friday- P.S. Look at our blog!