Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Eat a legendary NY black and white cookie-- Check!


Alright, so I thought it was going to be the Mediterranean next, but I hit up another checklist item... eat a black and white cookie. These black and white cookies have been a part of New Yorkers since 1902. It has a cake like bottom with dark chocolate fondant on the one side and vanilla fondant on the other.
I was feeling a bit under the weather today and went to get some soup at a nearby bakery. The dude asked if the soup (italian wedding lentils) was going to be it, and then I picked up this cookie. The owner looked at me and said, "It's on the house. You look like you could use one today..." uh, thanks I guess!
Me and free food lately, Carribbean last week, now Black and White this week! (At least this guy was NOT 50, hitting on me, and had a wife and kids)
So thank you man at "in between the bread"! The cookie was delicious! And it did make my day a little brighter!

4 comments:

Miss Amy said...

half moons!!! these are christmas staples around our house....then again, we're a bunch of crazy new york italians....so what do you expect. so glad you got to try one!!! aren't they fantastic?! mm.....

Sara said...

I dont even know where to start... u have been BUSY!! I am jealous of all the things you get to experience!! And I will add JEFF IS ENGAGED?! He is an even bigger weinie than I thought!! I am so sorry!! I am also SUPER jealous of your cruise! You are one lucky girl!! And brave to take care of all those kids... no thanks!! HA!

Ms. said...

ooo that looks good! Who said new yorkers didn't have hearts. Feel better being sick sucks!

Green River High School said...

K, I'll add that one to the list in 44 days! Please tell me you'll still be there!!!!