Friday, March 12, 2010

examples

I've been lucky to have such wonderful examples in my life. I'm surrounded by amazing friends and family that have taught me so much. Lifted me up, sometimes even dragged me through the tough times, just so I could pull through and make it. I thank you all for that. If you are reading this, and you actually know me, I am talking to YOU!

The spotlight this time goes to my dear friend, j/jessa/jess/jessica.

I consider many of my girl friends sisters and j is definitely one of them. I've been lucky enough to know her for the past 7 years of my life. I've also been lucky to live with her for a lot of that time both in UT and NY, as she joined me in an adventure of a lifetime. She has been there for me through thick and thin and has never ceased to amaze me. She has such endearing qualities. She'll make an amazing wife and mother one day, as I have seen her compassion and support through the years. She is selfless and loving without end.
Growth is an amazing thing that all of us go through as we meet the demands of every day life. J continues to embellish life every step of the way.

This past week, she went through the temple. A group of us friends were able to go to St. George to support her in this step in her life. Thank you for being a great example in my life.


7 comments:

Kris said...

ps- britt- i think your crown is shining quite a bit in the one pic! :)

Green River High School said...

That was a sweet post, Kris! (And for the record... you're an example to us to!)

Melanie said...

that was very nice, kris. i have seen what a good friend jess is to you and it really is amazing! congrats on your big step going to the temple, jess!

Ms. said...

A very special time and dedication

Sheryl Towers said...

We had a great lesson on gratitude today, your post fit right in it. Great friends are the best! ♥U

Jessa said...

oh kris, thanks for writing such wonderful things! you're such a great friend. I've learned by your example. Thanks for being there for me and I can't wait to share all of our life memories with our friends!
love you!
xoxo

Jacob said...

oh please, no crown...just a whole lotta ugly messed up bangs. like always. but ha, thanks you are the pretty princess who has a huge crown waiting in store. i love you kris, you are seriously such a wonderful sweet friend and you are always there for all of us. waiting to serve and bless us each. i really look up to you for your charity and strength and willingness to do what is right, no matter what it means and how hard it is. you are amazing and i love you dearly!