Monday, April 5, 2010

Co-lon-os-co-py

It was no April fooling when the first rolled around and it was time to get the all amazing colonoscopy. Yipee! Made even harder when my great co-worker left this deliciousness on my desk first thing in the morning the day before. For those of you that don't know, the day before is what they call the clense, where instead, you get to have this:
Clears all day. I have never had plain chicken broth and I never will again.

Then you get to drink this the evening before. You may hit up the bathroom once and think that wasn't that bad!... Then it hits you at midnight like a ton of bricks. Sick... guess you aren't sleeping that night. As if that's not bad enough, you have to drink another full jug of the syrupie nastiness at 4am... much harder to do at 4am than 5pm.
The best part, getting the sleepy medicine. Zonked completely out for what felt like hours, but really only minutes. Woke up to my sweet friend Heidi's voice. I was wide awake and feeling good. Didn't feel a single thing and it didn't feel like a single thing was done to me. On the way home, we stopped at Paradise Cafe... mmm. No more liquid.

Oh... and all results aren't back yet. So far, nothing major. If there's something wrong, you'll probably find out about it one way or the other. If you don't hear anything, no news is good news! :)

7 comments:

Jacob said...

ok seriously i feel really bad for you that you had to get this done, but honestly...that first picture to go along with colonoscopy is just disturbing and made me just gag. but i hope its all okay. and i love you dearly.

Kris said...

hahaha! i didn't even think of that! at least i spared you of the pics they took up my...

Sheryl Towers said...

Why did you have to have one? You're WAY TO YOUNG! I have had 2 of them. How was coming out of it? That's the best part. Ashley is way goofy and Stephen kept asking so many questions over and over again...LOL I hope you're okay cuz!

Green River High School said...

I am with Britt. When I first saw what your co-worker left, I was like OH GEEZ... that's not cool. But then I understood it was more of an "Easter Treat"... not to resemble the procedure. haha.

Ms. said...

Ugh no fun. I got an flexible one and I didn't have to be put out-but then you see a video the whole time of your insides. ew ew. I hope your butt is OK man and. Love you Kris

Unknown said...

I'm happy you survived. Hope you are well! Love you.

L McD said...

Okay.....so what's up? It is not fun. And that treat looked gross! Sorry. Love you.