Tuesday, October 6, 2009

After fun comes, well, not so fun.


Suddenly on Sunday, a cold threw itself on top of me. Usually there is a warning... nope. Not this one! It gave me no time to prep, no time to remedy, nothing! Monday was no bueno (If that's even correct, I don't know). I got off work and went straight home to put on the sweats and snuggle into bed. I did make my way out of bed to make me some dinner. Before the cold was thrust on me, I had gotten ingredients to make roasted asparagus (rosemary, olive oil, shallots, and mushrooms). I pumped it out, sick and all. It was delicious, accompanied with Bear Creek's potato soup. Nice and simple.


There were plenty of leftovers, which I ate today, but had no taste on my palate. Sad. I hate how when I am sick, I crave food, but then it is tasteless in my mouth. No point to eating right?! I know, I know mom, I need to eat to get the nutrients yada yada, but really, I might as well eat mush all day cause it all tastes the same anyway!


The only blessing of being sick... I've been stuck at home=studying majorly for my big certification exam. With all bad, there is always good!


But, I am done being sick!

6 comments:

michelle said...

Sooooo sorry you're sick!! Get stuff for "Russian tea". Get plenty of rest....etc. yada yada. Love, Mom

Miss Amy said...

sorry you're sick :( It was the walk to conference through that ferocious wind and rain!!!! boooo! feel better soon!

Green River High School said...

Kris, I hope by now you're feeling better. Being sick... SUCKS. If I can bring you something.. you just move those little fingers and send a text or call. I guess you just partied way too hard on your big birthday ;) jk. Feel better soon!!

Ms. said...

pobrecita!

Jessa said...

i'm sorry you're sick kris. you should have called in sick today, then you could be sitting in the mcdonalds using the wireless internet with me! ha ha ha

love you, hope you feel better.

xoxo

tutus n bowties said...

Thanks for the fun phone chat today. Glad to hear you are a tiny bit better. Be sure to get LOTS of sleep. Thats the fastest cure!