Monday, February 23, 2009

a Day with the City Girls

We started the day off going in and out of the shops of Canal Street... mainly to get out of the wind knocking us over.
Since we were so close, we had to hit up our fav steam bun place in Chinatown for breakfast?
J's choice for lunch was Grays Papaya... Hot Dogs! Yes, we shared the recession special! One dollar off the combo- 2 dogs and a drink- totaling $4.45. This pic will go in the recession history books!We walked around the Columbus Circle exquisitely dazzling mall. I dreamt about the day I will be able to afford buying the elegant clothing displayed in the windows.We made our way down to one of the nicest Whole Foods. We satisfied our sweet tooth by snagging some free samples of cookies.This is one of about the 7 pictures we tried to take of us and the temple. I gave up with getting one that actually worked.Where else is a better place to see, "Confessions of a Shopaholic," than in NYC itself. This movie made me want to become a shopaholic rather than the contrary. I day dreamed even more of buying dazzling fashionable clothes... And why not, finish our day with food! I have been seriously craving some southwestern Mexican food and I had a free burrito card at Chipotle! It was close by, so off we went. I know you are wondering if I am getting larger by the amount of food consumption. Answer= yes. But hey, I'm livin it up in NY!

A fabulous, fun filled day... And if you are wondering if we always where the same clothes... the answer is no! Problem is it's always so cold are cutely planned outfits are covered by the same ole jackets! Soon enough it will be spring.

5 comments:

michelle said...

way fun! we have internet...so call us with all your navigational needs "}

Ms. said...

mmmm burrito, if I wasn't prego I'd come and eat with you--and I'd drag juulee with me! Miss you

tutus n bowties said...

Can I be a city girl with you 2?! So do I need to see that movie...if so can you tell Adam to be a good sport and take me!

Green River High School said...

Ohhh, miss you guys so much! I love how adventurous you are. And good job going to church.. even if it's 2 hours.... you know I would've bagged that idea! ha ha, jk. Until I get out there, eat some yummy pizza, chinese food, and another recession combo for me :)

Sara said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!! Its all I can say!