Monday, February 9, 2009

The weekly adventure of going to church

Each Sunday, getting to church can be a process... I usually arrive at a train station to discover a weekend closure which means you have to take the shuttle bus that makes a ton more stops than a subway! So you go on this bus for forever, transfer onto the subway when available, then take it into the city. Luckily, the church is close to the subway station, making the at least 1 hr and 1/2 trek a little bit shorter! It's just always a surprise because you never know if the station will be open or closed... I wonder what this Sunday's surpise will be...

This has really tested my faith to see if I'm actually going to go on these detours or turn around and go home. The latter has crossed my mind a plethra of times, especially when the detour took 2 and 1/2 hours, thus missing the first hour of church... oops.

It really is an adventure. And it really is something new... both of which I was looking for in coming out here!

2 comments:

Ms. said...

OH goodness! Good for you though. You are now a pioneer. I have never lived far from church. It is like 2 minutes away. I should submit your story to the ensign

Kris said...

lol... not ensign worthy! It is just quite the change!