Saturday, September 12, 2009

"feeding" the homeless...

So I go to feed the homeless this morning... and the dude below gave me the job of being guard to their pantry. Apparently I looked buff enough to keep the theives away. It wasn't quite what I was expecting when you think you're going to be feeding people. I never saw one homeless person.

This was the view I had! Ha! I was grateful for the servicable act though of filling in wherever I could. The dude kept praising the Lord for my services. I kept joking with him when he'd check in on me periodically about me being guard. He told me "oh, we need a guard!" and then shouted with his might, "cause Satan's demons are BUSY!"

I'm glad I kept Satan's demons out.

4 comments:

Ms. said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read about that man. Oh that made my day!!!

Unknown said...

How funny. At least you looked goon in your apron while guarding the food.

Mack & Karen Tarwater said...

You looked so threatening! (: Glad you didn't have to confront any thief. Sorry you weren't able to feed the homeless...I've always enjoyed doing that. Love, Mom

Sara said...

I am sad reading ur Labor Day post! I thought u have been so busy out here with you new job that u wouldnt have time to chill! We need to go to dinner, and u can come to my house ANYTIME! I know, I know, chilling with me and the wee ones sounds totally better than a peaceful walk in the mountains! Miss u!