Saturday, September 12, 2009

"feeding" the homeless...

So I go to feed the homeless this morning... and the dude below gave me the job of being guard to their pantry. Apparently I looked buff enough to keep the theives away. It wasn't quite what I was expecting when you think you're going to be feeding people. I never saw one homeless person.

This was the view I had! Ha! I was grateful for the servicable act though of filling in wherever I could. The dude kept praising the Lord for my services. I kept joking with him when he'd check in on me periodically about me being guard. He told me "oh, we need a guard!" and then shouted with his might, "cause Satan's demons are BUSY!"

I'm glad I kept Satan's demons out.

4 comments:

Ms. said...

I seriously laughed out loud when I read about that man. Oh that made my day!!!

Unknown said...

How funny. At least you looked goon in your apron while guarding the food.

Anonymous said...

You looked so threatening! (: Glad you didn't have to confront any thief. Sorry you weren't able to feed the homeless...I've always enjoyed doing that. Love, Mom

Sara said...

I am sad reading ur Labor Day post! I thought u have been so busy out here with you new job that u wouldnt have time to chill! We need to go to dinner, and u can come to my house ANYTIME! I know, I know, chilling with me and the wee ones sounds totally better than a peaceful walk in the mountains! Miss u!