Monday, September 7, 2009

Laborious Free Day... Alone.






Well, this weekend, is usually packed of something with a lot of people, but not this one! I spent it alone which seems to be happening a lot since being here in UT. Life has changed quite a bit since the last time I lived here.

When I left in Dec. I had a serious relationship with a dude for the 3+ years previous. That's obviously long gone, but I've realized, besides us and that group of friends, most of my other friends have moved on, gotten married or whatever it may be. Times have changed. It has been a VERY lonely time in life, yet I know REBIRTH is right around the corner. It's been hard work, a lot harder than it used to be I sware, but I've been putting myself way out there and I think I might be on the verge of making new friends... just not in time for the fun of the weekend.

I made a day of it though. For those that know me know I love the beautiful canyons I'm surrounded by so I headed up little cottonwood canyon, found myself a picnic area (um... maybe I ate my picnic food on the short 10 minute drive up because I was starving... oops! $5 lunch special at honey baked ham if you're wondering.), laid out my blanket on a rock next to a creek, surrounded by beautiful trees and scenery, and read (for my certification exam and then a church talk).
Maybe I got distracted a minute or two of reading my educational book and kept taking pics... it seemed more exciting! Nature is beautiful and so peaceful. I love it. Tonight, I shot up the grill, put my single turkey burger on, seasoned it up, make a lovely salad with spinach, strawberries, grapes, and feta, served with a diet coke, and ate it alone... until my roommate got home!

Dear summer please hold on for a while! I'm not ready for you to be gone!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!

5 comments:

Green River High School said...

Kris - Guess what!?! Our Diva's gift certificates came in the mail over the weekend!!! YEAHH! So you just let me know when we can go splurge and treat ourselves to dinner... and of course, a cupcake. Love you.

Jessa said...

Kris-
this post made me feel awful. I'm sorry you spent the whole weekend alone. I wish I could have been there for you! I"ll be up there soon and you'll have another buddy.
Love ya!

Woods: said...

You should have come to CO for the Labor Weekend! Flights from SLC are only 39 bucks some days! Gotta love Southwest! The drive is only 7hours! :) No biggie! :) I'm sorry you are lonely...that's not fair! Do those Provoites even understand what they are missing!?!!! HELLO! "Oops I did it again!" Miss you! Love you!

Mack & Karen Tarwater said...

A time for New Beginnings. Good luck in "blossoming where you've now been planted"....as you reach out to widen your circle of friends.

tutus n bowties said...

Hold up! Why did we both spend this holiday alone???? I might be married, but to a hubby that works every Saturday and holiday known to man. I guess that's what phones are for...Duh Syd!