Sunday, May 23, 2010

The enchantment of Segovia

Segovia is a beautiful city, filled with amazing architecture, castles, tradition, shops, and once again... Food!

The alcazar castle and aqueduct were breathtaking, along with other historic buildings. We went in the castle to see it's inner charm as well.

I love barcelona, but it is so packed with people that i feel it drowns out being able to notice their culture. Culture and tradition intrigue me as I can sit for hours just enjoying all that's going on around me.

In Segovia, siesta was definitely in full force as most shops were closed down for a good part of the day. As we ate our dinner, (we had to wait until 8 for them to start serving it) we were the only ones around eating a meal. I felt the whole town was out socializing one with another, sitting for hours on end drinking and eating their tapas. Segovia is a very classy town. Everyone out was looking very sharp.

Paella redeemed itself as I was served an amazing mixture of seafood and meats on top of the rice. The dish we had in Barcelona tasted like rice-a-roni with little seafood on it, yet this surpassed that... Now I see why people like it. I'm glad I gave it another try!

... Madrid tomorrow! Churro place San gines... Yes please!... And church while we're at it. :)

It's tomorrow and I'm going to bed but I'll update u on Madrid when I get back to the states probably!!! :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Segovia Spain

4 comments:

Melanie said...

looks like a great trip! thanks for calling today - it was nice to talk (even though I mostly listened)

Mack & Karen Tarwater said...

Sounds like an amazing time. Enjoy every moment!! Have a safe trip home. Love, Mom

Sheryl Towers said...

Wow, your trip went fast, I hope you enjoyed every moment, sure sounds like it. More more more, when you get home.

tutus n bowties said...

FUN!! I'm super behind on post but it was fun catching up. Your trip looked killer! I'm glad your back safe...now lets play!